Spoiler alert: This is one of my new favorite go-tos — I’m not kidding.
A few weeks ago, I was looking to use some vegetables I had on hand before they went bad and I ended up throwing this together. It came out soooo much better than I expected! So obviously, I had to share. I only wish I thought of it sooner.
I don’t eat pork of any kind so soy chorizo is one of my best buds. For this recipe, I used Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo (would you expect any other brand?). It has all the flavor of regular chorizo, but it’s vegan and gluten-free. Hallelujah! So go on, now — spice up your life!
Ingredients (makes 6-8 corn tacos)
• 1/4 package of Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo (or your favorite soy chorizo)
• 1 medium to large zucchini
• 1 medium to large bell pepper (I usually use red or orange)
• yellow onion (I use about the same amount as the bell pepper)
• 2 teaspoons of your oil of choice (avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil are my favorites)
• 6-8 corn tortillas
optional for topping:
• mexican blend or pepper jack cheese
1. chop up your bell pepper and onion in strips and add to a medium to large-sized pan
2. chop up your zucchini (I usually slice them and cut each of those in half) and add to pan
3. add your oil to the pan
4. set the pan to medium-high heat
5. let the veggies simmer for a few minutes
6. add the soy chorizo to the pan and mix well with the veggies
7. let the veggies + soy chorizo cook, stirring occasionally
8. add salt as needed
9. warm your tortillas (I usually just microwave a few at a time)
10. when vegetables + soy chorizo are thoroughly cooked, remove from heat
11. fill the tortillas with the veggie + soy chorizo mix and add your toppings