Are you ready for the easiest, yummiest, most delish + refreshing pastry dessert thing there ever was?! Because here we goooooo — ope, wait. Quick disclaimer: I’m really bad at measuring and kind of just go with the flow when it comes to recipes (If I want more sugar, I add more sugar. If I want more cinnamon flavor, I add more cinnamon. Ya feel me?) So these are rough estimates, but I promise this recipe is hard to mess up!
1.5 cups flour
6 tablespoons cold butter
3 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons sugar
2 tsp vanilla
fruit (I used frozen peaches, pomegranates, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and eyeballed the amount I needed. Maybe 2 cups total?)
5-8 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil*
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1. Mix together dough ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
2. While you wait for the dough to chill, mix together the filling ingredients in a separate bowl and let sit to soak in the lemon flavoring
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees once dough is 10 minutes from ready
4. Remove dough from fridge and spread evenly on a baking pan
5. Top the center of the flattened dough with the fruit mixture and spread evenly
6. Fold over the edges of the dough onto the fruit mixture, leaving the middle open for the fruit to look pretty + all 💁🏻♀️
7. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the crostata turns golden brown
Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! (Literally). This crostata is so refreshing and perfect for summer!
*Lemon Vitality isn’t required, but it truly made this crostata shine! I only recommend ingesting Young Living’s Lemon Vitality Essential Oil that’s specifically created for ingestion. You can try substituting fresh lemon juice in place of this, too! I personally haven’t tried it that way, but I’m sure it’d be delicious. Also, sorry for this meme but I had to 😆Again, totally cool if you don’t have Lemon Vitality!